Want a Harry Potter theme for your nursery but don’t have enough galleon to spend? This post is all about how to create a magical DIY Harry Potter Baby Mobile on a budget in just six simple steps!
Whether your little one(s) will be in the house of Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin… they are sure to love this DIY baby mobile made with flying keys and the Golden Snitch.
Inspiration: Harry Potter Flying Key Mobile
This DIY was inspired by a Harry Potter-obsessed couple welcoming their new baby boy, Felix.
A wizard’s nursery deserves only the most magical decor. So, onto the internet to find inspiration.
There was an endless amount of ideas from wall decals to wood signs. However, these $70 Etsy flying key baby mobiles caught my attention.
But, how much better would it be if we could personalize that mobile!
So after much deliberation, I decided to do a DIY Felix’s baby mobile with his name, flying keys, and the Golden Snitch! Cause you know…Just in case Felix decides he wants to be a Seeker when he grows up.
Price Break Down:
This magical mobile with flying keys and the Golden Snitch did not take too much time to create and cost about $43 to make without tax! Look at the price breakdown below.
Your little wizard will think it’s a WIN(-gardium Leviosa spell)!
- Floral Garden Metal Wreath Forms(Dollar Tree)- $1
- Fishing Wire– $0.18 for 4 yards ($.5.99 for 131 yards as of 07/11/2020 12:37 PST- Details.)
- Hanging Chain– $3.07 for 1 ($12.29 for 4 as of 06/25/2020 13:20 PST- Details.)
- Flying Keys with Wings-$6.10 for 15 ($12.19 for 30 as of 06/07/2020 08:05 PST- Details.)
- HARRY POTTER Gold Snitch Pewter Key Ring– $11.69 as of 06/07/2020 16:15 PST- Details.
- Rust-Oleum Antique Brass Spray Paint– $0.54 for 1 oz($5.98 for 11 oz as of 03/21/2020 14:49 PST- Details.)
- 5″ FELIX Harry Potter Wood Letters from CraftCuts was about $20.
What You Will Need:
- Floral Garden Metal Wreath Forms (Dollar Tree)
- Fishing Wire(Amazon)-$.5.99 on 07/11/2020
- Hanging Chain(Amazon)-$12.29 on 06/25/2020
- Flying Keys with Wings (Amazon)-$12.19 on 06/07/2020
- HARRY POTTER Gold Snitch Pewter Key Ring (Amazon)- $11.69 on 06/07/2020
- Rust-Oleum Antique Brass Spray Paint (Amazon)-$5.98 on 03/21/2020
- Hot Glue Gun
- Harry Potter Wood Letters-Review the image below for details.
Dollar Tree Products:
This post is all about how to create this magically inspired Harry Potter baby mobile any Harry Potter enthusiast would love.
Harry Potter Baby Mobile Tutorial
Step 1: Assemble Your Harry Potter Themed Baby Mobile
Hot glue the wood letters onto the wire wreath. Ensure there is glue below and above the wire to provide extra hold.
Spray paint the wire wreath with letters and the hanging chain.
Connect the chain to the wire wreath by attaching the clasp-end onto every other straight wire.
Step 2: Attach Wings to Harry Potter Flying keys
Apply a drop of hot glue onto the key and attach a wing.
Click HERE to see how I attach the wings onto the keys.
Be careful! The glue will be hot! Repeat this step to make 15-20 winged keys.
Step 3: Add String to Harry Potter Flying Keys
Twine rope for better visualization.
Take a key. With the wing side up, place the string beneath the key.
Make a knot above the wing.
Cross the long side of the string beneath the key to create an X.
Bring the long side back up and tie a know above the key.
Click HERE to see how I tie the rope onto the keys.
This is how it should look with fishing wire.
Cut off excess wire.
Step 4: Prepare the Harry Potter Golden Snitch
Take your golden snitch keyring and remove the swivel key clasp, circle key ring, and ring.
Add some fishing wire.
Step 5: Create a Clear Tight Rope
Knot the end of the fishing wire onto the wire wreath.
Thread the fishing wire to the opposite end.
Loop the wire through a few times to create a clear and sturdy tight rope.
Step 6: Attach Flying keys and the Gold Snitch
Tie the Golden Snitch onto the clear rope we just created. The Golden snitch should be centered and be your long-hanging piece.
Place and tie the keys sporadically in different locations with different lengths.
Optional: Hot glue fishing wire onto a wire wreath to keep the keys in place.
That is it! You are all done with your Harry Potter Baby Mobile!
Other Posts You Make Like:
- How to Make An Obsess-Worthy DIY Flower Chandelier
- Baby Announcement Frame with Personalized Wire Name
- Stunning DIY Baby Announcement Chalkboard Sign to Try Right Now
I would love to see your version of this DIY Harry Potter Baby Mobile! Leave a comment or tag me on Facebook or Instagram @araudesigns #araudesigns if you tried it!
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest for more content. Social links are down below!
Unable to make it yourself? Would you like me to make it for you? Reach out to me here!
Leave a Reply